Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Daily RX

I had a dream last night that got me to thinking about the Bible and the influence that it has on my life and on the flip side...the influence that it may not have on my life if I fail to use it!

Those of you who know me well know that I suffer from severe migraines and that I am on daily medication to prevent the migraines. My dream was me explaining the medicine to someone and how I have been free from the migraines for an extended period of time because I've been taking this medication twice a day for a couple of years now. Because I have a constant level of the medicine in my system, the nerves in my brain are dulled and when the migraines do strike I don't feel the full effect of them.

Now I know that this was just a dream about medication, but I am one who tries to find a spiritual insight in everything...so I started thinking about how I could relate this dream to my walk with the Lord. I'm sure you can see where this is headed.

If we will take the word of God and infuse it into our lives daily, then when the trials of the world or tough times come our way I'm confident that we will not "feel the full effect of them". Through His word, God gives us everything that we need to face the obstacles that will come...we can face them with boldness knowing that we will come out on the other side as wiser and stronger women in Him.

So next time you go to the medicine cabinet to take your daily vitamins or other medications, remember the most important prescription of all!!

Psalm 119:16 I DELIGHT IN YOUR DECREES; I WILL NOT NEGLECT YOUR WORD.

No comments: